Field Work at the Market

During this past week of class in AMST 422, the task for the majority of the class was to head out to Hollins Market and try to get an interview with as many people as we could which was considered to be our Fieldwork. Unfortunately, since barely anyone spoke English in the market, this language barrier is starting to prove to be very difficult most of the shop owners within the Market are of Korean ethnicity. However I have been working with the Korean language program here at UMBC to develop some interview questions in Korean and also develop the Consent Form so that it translates correctly from English to Korean.

On Monday 16 April 2018, I was also given the task of going to the Irish Railroad Workers Museum in order to broadcast/ spread thw word about out project to potential audiences that would be interested in  Zine created by our AMST 422 class. The task was also to ask if they might be interested in being featured in this project. I was told , however, that the event was taking place at 6PM when the building closed at 4PM. A neighbor then walked outside of his apartment and asked me if I needed any help, I told him that I was looking for an event in the building and he said the event was actually taking place at another location called St. Luke's. So i looked up St. Luke's on GoogleMaps and there was 8 of them within a 10 mile radius. So I went to about 3 of the locations and did not find the event. So unfortunately, I did not gain anything from going to the city and looking for this event on the 16th. Hopefully, I will have better luck next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baltimore City: 1940s Era

Interviews in the Market