Personal Statement

I, Jonathan Portuesi, as a driven and academically motivated person in the professional sector, see myself as a 'process' oriented person rather than "product" oriented person. What I mean by this is that by being focused on the 'process' I was able to learn more from the the people I interviewed and the research I participated in because I wasn't focused on a specific product. Yes the product (the Zine) was important, but what I really had to ask myself throughout this class was "did I touch another person's life  in Hollins Market other than my own and was I able to form lasting connections with people whom I may have never met if I did not take the class- AMST 422?" 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Work at the Market

Baltimore City: 1940s Era

Interviews in the Market